- What is crowdfunding? Crowdfunding is a way of raising money where a large group of people (the ‘crowd’) individually invests sums of money (these may be very small sums). Put together, this results in an amount with which a project like this can be funded.
- Which payment options do you support? Is it also possible to donate cash? At the moment it is possible to pay with iDeal. Payment platforms are often costly, which is why we use Sisow. They provide us with an affordable, trustworthy payment solution for online banking. Of course, we are also able to accept cash donations. Please visit our office for more details.
- What will happen if the goal is not reached within the given timeframe? Of course we hope that’s not the case. But if so, all donations made until that point will be donated directly to Esperanza University.
- How long will it take to receive my reward? A Hanze student will be going to Benin in December. We hope she has enough room in her suitcase to take enough rewards back with her.
About the project
- Where is Esperanza University? Esperanza is in Benin, West Africa. Find out more about Benin on our news site.
- How much of my donation will directly benefit the project? All of it. 100%. Your entire donation will benefit Esperanza!
- How can I win a ticket to Benin? All Hanze students who donate €20 or more will be entered into a draw to win a ticket to Benin, set for spring 2016.
About the Hanze University Foundation
- When was the Foundation founded? In 2009. Since then, more than 20 projects have been carried out in 8 different countries.
How does the Foundation select its projects? All projects stem from initiatives started at one of the schools within the Hanze UAS. Projects need to be in countries where the Hanze UAS is already active. Each project has to pass certain criteria (check our website for the full details). Once the criteria have been checked by the advisory committee, the Board decides whether each project is sustainable and reliable.
Is the Foundation looking for volunteers? The Foundation can always use extra help for campaigns and fundraising! If you’re interested, please send a line to Elanna at email@example.com.